THESCRAPBOOKEXCHANGE.COM is HERE!


Click below to visit

TheScrapbookExchange.com






Thursday, January 24, 2008

It goes by so quickly...

Have you ever noticed that life seems to pass by so quickly that you barely noticed the changing seasons... dates... events. It was just Christmas- and in the blink of an eye I'm signing my boys up for Spring Baseball, tryouts are in February- we just got done with Football! I was combing my 9 year olds' hair the other morning before school and realized that he is getting so tall I no longer am able to do this so easily with him staring me straight in the face almost!! I am not a tall person :) But still, when your 9 year old is almost staring you eye to eye- you have to ask yourself, where did the time go? Ok Ok Ok, I know why am I combing his hair? BECAUSE it is a pitiful long mess and I can't stand it when it looks as if he rolled out of bed to go to school with a rats nest on his noggin. It's like a flashback of Bad News Bears Hair. UGH.

I realized also while laying in bed the other night... sleep eluding me as usual... that in 3 short years, I will be attending my 20 year high school reunion. UGH. Then I realized, I'd better go on a diet now because it will take me that long to look decent before I head home for the big event.

I am so glad I scrapbook. I'm so glad that in my busy busy crazy frantic life - that I take the time to make sure my memories last, will I remember their first loose tooth? What about the big ole' space in their smile when they have NO front teeth at all. What about the first fish caught with no help from dad? Or the world's largest bull frog on the back porch that daddy was WAY to afraid to pick up? All of these events mean nothing if they aren't remembered - preserved, so that one day when I realize my boys are all grown up I will have proof of their innocence. Proof that life was once fun for them, easy, carefree- and mommy and daddy knew everything there is to know about everything in life. It all goes by so fast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, you work is very beautiful. I admire your style, and I am certain that your children will cherish the memories that you have created for them in your own albums. I need to buck up & get more of my own done. Thanks for sharing your talents & your photos. You are definitely blessed.
Susie