THESCRAPBOOKEXCHANGE.COM is HERE!


Click below to visit

TheScrapbookExchange.com






Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My latest endeaver...

Custom Keepsake ~ Shadowbox pages - for baby names :) My sister in law saw a couple of prints with the baby name origin/meanings at one of our local bazaars - and told me I ought to create pages with this theme... so voila - here is my first attempt. I picked the name Ella as an example because I love what it means. I picked K&Company Sparkly Sweet Collection because the paper is beautiful and SPARKLY which is right up my alley. I have quite a few K&Co sparkly layouts under my belt :)


So... often people ask me what I "do". I reply, I am a full time SCRAPPER. They just don't get it. I stay home - with my kids. And while they are at school- I create pages for other people that I've never even met before. People from all over the world :) The UK, Australia, Canada, France- it's been FUN. Have I ever submitted my work for publication? No. I'm not that confident- and I fear rejection :) Also- my work doesn't exactly fit into the common scrapbook magazine norm of what is "popular". I don't like to create pages about what I "like" - I don't like taking pictures of my favorite book and then journaling for an entire page about why I liked it. I like taking pictures of the everyday things in life, and then doing what comes naturally. I think the judges eye's would pop out of their head with the amount of stuff that I put on my pages, and the sheer weight of them would surely cause a seizure I'm sure! HA! I could be the highlight of Lisa Bearnson's "what not to do on a page" articles. No really... what I create for myself is nothing like what I create for my clients. I like to focus on the pictures- and less on the froof. I tire easily of the one pic wonders that grace the covers of all the popular mags right now. Who takes just one picture of their kid in their Halloween custome? Are you kidding me? The world has gone digital people, I can take up to 250 high resolution pictures before I run out of space, and that is typically what I take of an event just so I can assure myself that I have at least THREE good pics out of the whole lot!! Hee Hee. Guess I need photography classes. But who has the time? Oh, and on the note of the one pic wonders... if I did that for all of my favorite pictures I would have no space left for ANYTHING in my house because it would be full of albums. Just not reasonable folks. I save the one pic wonder pages when I have a single photo of my child that belongs with nothing else. Those moments when you just snap a picture- no "event" taking place, just pick up the camera and catch a moment. Those are few and far between for me... I like to click click click away!
Anyway- I digress. Back to common questions I get asked... when do you scrap pages for yourself? My answer to that is quite sad. I haven't scrapped for myself in months! However, I do like to tease all my close friends that I'm still further along in the "caught up" phase then they are :) What do my personal layouts look like? Well..... here ya go, take a peek. And don't laugh because I'm including one pic wonder pages!








1 comment:

mandbrid said...

Hi,
I'm a fellow ebay scrap seller and I happened to see that your siggy was a link to your blog - so here I am!
I have to say that I love what you said in your post about the scrap mags...hilarious! And your new page idea is wonderful...It's beautiful! Hope it sells really well for you...
Mandy